Loaded with grilled veggie burgers, black beans, and all of your favorite taco fixings, this Protein-Packed Vegetarian Taco Salad is the perfect easy weeknight dinner. This cheap healthy meal is a great one to serve during the summer entertaining months!
Introducing the Protein-Packed Vegetarian Taco Salad!
Whether it’s Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday, this simple weeknight meal is sure to satisfy a crowd. This Protein-Packed Vegetarian Taco Salad is bursting with bold flavors and textures. Thanks to a healthy dose of black beans and MorningStar® Farms grilled veggie burgers, there’s plenty of protein so there’s no need to add heavy meats making it perfect for summer entertaining. Simply grill the veggie burgers, dice them up, then set out all of your favorite taco fixings and let your guests build their salads as they like. In just 20 minutes, you have a restaurant-style meal that no one can resist, no matter the occasion.
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Quarter Pound Grilled Veggie Burgers
- 1 8.75 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup black olives, halved
- 2.5 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped spring onions/scallions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium avocado, cut and diced
- Optional: sour cream, taco seasoning, salsa, lime wedges
- On a preheated grill, grill the veggie burgers according to package instructions.
- Cut the grilled burgers into cubes.
- Assemble a taco bowl by placing lettuce at the base. Top with black beans, corn kernels, lettuce, tomatoes, sharp cheddar cheese, olives, green onions, avocado, and the veggie burgers. Sprinkle salt, taco seasoning, and lime juice to taste.
- Give the salad a gentle toss, add sour cream, salsa, and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: To add texture, serve the salad over a bed of crushed tortilla chips or inside a tortilla bowl.
Love this protein-packed veggie taco salad? Try these:
- These Korean BBQ Tacos look like they’re made with delicious, tender pulled pork, but they are actually made using jackfruit. This vegan delight is a healthier version of your favorite tacos that will impress even the meat lovers in your life!
- If you’re craving the bold flavors of a traditional taco salad, but you need to ditch the carbs, you are going to absolutely love this simple and versatile Veggie Power Bowl!
- Satisfy your taco craving with these delightful Black Bean Avocado Rice Tacos with Pineapple Salsa. Crunchy and flavorful with spicy jalapeño and creamy avocado, these vegetarian tacos are sure to please!
We hope you enjoy this Vegetarian Taco Salad from Ruchi’s Kitchen, as much as we do. If you love this recipe and you’re looking for more like it, visit the Taste It 2 Believe It site. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This post was part of a Collective Bias Campaign partnered with MorningStar Farms. #MakeRoomOnYourGrill