Herbs de Provence is a flavorful blend of herbs used in French cuisine to make it stand out. Did you know that this powerful blend of rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, bay leaf, and savory also has some amazing health benefits too?
The French are known for their outstanding cuisine that often seems indulgent, but honestly this fine food is based on healthy principles. They blend fresh, quality ingredients together to accentuate each other beautifully to create a taste and texture that is pleasing to the palate while still offering up healthy meals. The herb blend, Herbs de Provence, is a flavorful blend of rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, bay leaf, savory, and sometimes lavender and other herbs and this blend delivers a pretty healthy punch. Used to season chicken, fish, vegetables, and more, this herb blend is one that you need to keep in your spice rack and use often to reap the many health benefits while you savor the delicious flavors.
Health Benefits of Herbs de Provence:
- Rosemary is a Mediterranean herb said to help relieve muscle pain, improve memory, boost the immune and circulatory systems, and even to promote hair growth.
- Basil is most well known for its use in Italian cuisine. Studies have revealed that this powerful herb can reduce inflammation and swelling, has anti-aging properties, and is rich in antioxidants.
- Thyme has been said to lower blood pressure, give the immune system a healthy boost with its high level of Vitamin C, and even boost your mood!
- Marjoram, commonly known as oregano, is commonly used in many different cuisines. Marjoram is a great addition to a healthy diet. Just two tablespoons of Marjoram is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and other nutrients.
- Bay Leaves host an impressive array of health benefits. Include bay leaves in your cooking for detoxification, slowing down the aging process, promoting wound healing, anti-bacterial properties, managing diabetes, heart health, reducing inflammation, and optimizing digestion.
- Savory is an herb from the mint family used in many American and European recipes. It is commonly used to treat a number of health ailments including headaches, colic, coughing, and gastric disorders.
If you don’t already, we hope this information on the health benefits of Herbs de Provence encourages you to include this powerful herb blend in your cooking. You’re going to love the flavor combination and you’ll definitely enjoy the health benefits you’ll reap. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.