Start your day off the right way with these Pork and Potato Breakfast Burritos. Simple to make ahead, packed with protein and veggies, satisfyingly hearty, and surprisingly heart healthy!
Pork and Potato Breakfast Burritos
These Heart Healthy Pork and Potato Breakfast Burritos are the perfect way to start your day off right! Simple to prepare ahead of time using leftovers and pantry staples, you can make these in big batches that can be heated up quickly in the morning throughout the week. Low in sodium, hearty and delicious, these burritos are soon to become a family favorite. We love repurposing dinner leftovers into amazing breakfasts that help fuel us through our hectic mornings. Meals like these pork, potato, and veggie breakfast burritos give tired leftovers a totally new taste and they’re super economical to make!
Perfect for on the go breakfasts, yet fancy enough for Sunday brunch, we know you’re going to love this deliciously simple dish as much as we do. These Heart Healthy Pork and Potato Breakfast Burritos are packed with leftover pork and potatoes, canned no salt added beans, No Salt Added Ro*Tel®, and sautéd veggies, all wrapped up in a low carb spinach wrap. It’s everything you want in a breakfast all wrapped up in an easy to grab-and-go breakfast food!
- 1 lb leftover pork chops, cut into small cubes
- 1 lb cooked small red potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 can no salt added beans of choice, drained
- 1 can No Salt Added Ro*Tel®, drained
- Sautéd onions to taste, optional
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- 4 large low carb spinach tortilla wraps
- Mix pork, potatoes, beans, and Ro*Tel® in a large mixing bowl, being careful not to mash the potatoes. Add sautéd onions and cheese if you are using them.
- Lay out tortillas and place pork mixture down the center of each tortilla; 2-3 tablespoons each, leaving room on the ends for folding.
- Fold each end of the tortilla in and roll to form burrito. Repeat until all burritos are formed.
- Wrap burritos in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Microwave in the morning, in the wrap, 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 minutes, until heated through (microwaves and heating times will vary).
Home Chef Tip: Don't have leftover pork chops? This recipe works equally as well with chicken, ground beef, or or shredded pork.
We hope you love this recipe for Heart Healthy Pork and Potato Breakfast Burritos as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Low Sodium section for more easy heart-healthy meal ideas. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!