You need to try these Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats; a delicious, gluten-free twist on traditional pizza. Bursting with melted cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni, this is one family meal everyone will love!
Gluten-Free Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats
Everyone loves pizza, and we’re sure you’ll agree that this gluten-free recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats is a healthier and delicious alternative to traditional pizza recipes. This recipe is really simple and the fat can be reduced if you swap out traditional pepperoni for turkey pepperoni. This dish is very versatile because, although we are just using pepperoni in this recipe, you can get creative and use a whole host of your favorite pizza toppings instead. Black olives, onions, sausage, mushrooms; the sky’s the limit!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, small to medium in size
- 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1-14 oz jar Pizza Sauce
- 10 pcs Pepperoni, chopped
- Additional toppings of choice
- Parmesan Cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash face up in a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- When the squash is cooked, take a fork and "rake" the squash inside to loosen the spaghetti-like filling.
- Fill each half of the spaghetti squash with your pizza sauce leaving enough room for toppings and cheese.
- Next, add pepperoni and toppings of choice.
- Top each half with ½ cup shredded cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Place boats on a baking sheet and broil 3 to 6 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
We hope you love these Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our Dinner section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!