This Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie Bowl is the perfect sweet-salty combination to start your day off right. This protein-packed, super thick smoothie is full of healthful ingredients with plenty of vitamin C and fiber. A 10-minute breakfast to start your busy day!
Tips for creating a super thick smoothie bowl:
- Use frozen fruit! For this smoothie bowl, I like to use frozen strawberries. If you have fresh strawberries, pop them in the freezer overnight. This will make your smoothie extra thick.
- Add a scoop of nut butter. This smoothie is extra thick and creamy thanks to a scoop of peanut butter! You can also try it with cashew butter or almond butter.
- Use the minimum amount of liquid. Depending on your blender, you may need a little more liquid to get things moving, but I start with just a little bit and then add more if needed. Less liquid will result in a thicker smoothie.
If you’re looking for more tips for making a super thick smoothie like this Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie Bowl, check out this post for more easy smoothie tips.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ - ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (strawberry or plain)
- 2 tbsp granola
- 1 ½ tbsp slivered almonds
- Add the strawberries, almond milk, peanut butter, ice cubes, and Greek yogurt to your blender.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more almond milk depending on your blender.
- Pour into a bowl and top with granola and almond slices.
Home Chef Tip: To make this recipe dairy free, use a dairy-free yogurt!
I liked using strawberry Greek yogurt in this recipe, but you can also use plain Greek yogurt if you want to cut down on the sugar. You can also use non-dairy yogurt if you’d like to make this recipe dairy free.
This Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie Bowl is perfect if you love a sweet and salty combination. Try it with almond butter for a different twist! If you like it sweeter, you can even add a swirl of jam on top! Looking for more smoothie ideas? Try this peach cobbler smoothie bowl!
We hope you love this Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie Bowl recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Elizabeth from I Heart Vegetables, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple and healthy recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!