If you love peanut butter and jelly, and you love pancakes, then you are sure to love this fun breakfast of Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Filled Pancakes. This is truly a match made in heaven!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Filled Pancakes
These delicious peanut butter and jelly filled pancakes are made in an Ebelskiver pan. Ebelskiver’s are small round Danish pancakes that you can add all kinds of fillings to. They are made with whisked egg whites folded in instead of regular eggs making them light and fluffy, and when you flip them in the pan, they develop this sphere shape.
Now this may sound complicated to make, but I promise it’s not.
Essentially, there are just a couple of changes to a pancake recipe. You put a little mix into each of the sections in the Ebelskiver pan, and once the pancakes start bubbling, you use small wooden Ebelskiver turning tools to flip them over, and cook the other side.
Once the pancakes are cooked, put a little smooth peanut butter in one piping bag with a large round tip, and a little raspberry jam in another. Poke each tip into the pancake and fill.
Dust with a little icing sugar and you have a delicious breakfast to start your day. These are also great to take with you for a pot luck brunch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs butter (melted)
- 3 egg whites
- smooth peanut butter
- raspberry jam
- confectioner's sugar
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, vanilla, and butter in a second bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix together the wet and dry ingredients, and then fold the egg whites through the mix.
- Spray an Ebelskiver pan with non-stick cooking spray, and then spoon mixture into each section until 3/4 full. Cook over medium heat.
- Once the pancake mix starts bubbling, flip your pancakes using wooden Ebelskiver tools. Continue cooking for another minute or so until browned on both sides.
- Fill piping bags with peanut butter and raspberry jam and pipe into the center of each pancake.
- Dust a little confectioner's sugar over the top.
Home Chef Tip: Follow this recipe swapping out the peanut butter and jelly filling for creams, frostings, fruits, or any other fillings you desire!
We hope you love these Peanut Butter and Jelly Filled Pancakes from SoFabFood Contributor, Tonya from Create – Celebrate – Explore, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Breakfast section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!