This Oven Baked Chicken tastes like fried chicken without all of the fat and grease. This simple recipe will fool family and friends into believing their enjoying a down home southern favorite!
Oven Baked Chicken that Tastes Like Fried Chicken
If you love traditional fried chicken, but you’re trying to eat healthier these days, this Oven Baked Chicken recipe is for you! This simple recipe delivers flavorful chicken that’s crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside, just like traditional fried chicken without all of the added fat and grease.
This tender chicken can be on your dinner table tonight in under an hour with just six ingredients. You can serve these “fried” chicken tenderloins up on sandwiches, as is with cauliflower rice on the side, or use it in your favorite chicken parmesan recipe. It’s so simple to make and such a versatile protein source, why not make a big batch during your Sunday Meal Prep to store in your refrigerator and use in your recipes all week long? However you use this Oven Baked Chicken that tastes like it’s fried, you really need this magical recipe in your life!
Just like that! Chicken baked entirely in the oven that tastes like fried. It’s so good and so simple to make, what are you waiting for? Warm weather is the perfect time for meal prep, simple recipes, and picnics, and this recipe makes all of that easier and more enjoyable!
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, thawed
- 1 egg, whisked (or 3 eggs whites)
- ½ cup bread flour
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic and Italian herb powder
- Cooking Spray
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, set aside.
- Spread flour on a plate.
- Mix bread crumbs and seasoning on a different plate and spread.
- Dredge chicken tenderloin in egg, then flour, back in egg, then bread crumb mixture. Repeat with each tenderloin and place on a separate plate.
- Place the plate of breaded tenderloins in the freezer for 20 minutes to allow the breading to set.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a thin layer of cooking spray in the bottom of a cast iron skillet.
- Remove tenderloins from freezer and place in a single layer in your baking dish.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes, then spray another thin layer of cooking spray on top of the tenderloins and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on your oven.
Home Chef Tip: Don't have a cast iron skillet? A clear baking dish delivers similar results!
We hope you love this Oven Baked Chicken that tastes like fried chicken as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our Dinner Section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram. Enjoy!