How To Open A Coconut With One Tool
We’re rolling out a tip of the week series and this is our first Tip of the Week! Opening a coconut has frightened me for some time. I went on YouTube and Googled, “How To Open A Coconut” and found a few different videos. But the easiest way I found was pulling out the chef knife in my kitchen. Seriously, that is the only tool you need!
I love Coconut’s health benefits too:
- Coconuts help with obesity by speeding up your metabolism.
- Coconut supplies a whopping 61% dietary fiber, that is huge.
- Improves Digestion
- Is an Energy Booster, Coconut is not stored as fat, thus produces energy.
- No Trans-Fats, is Gluten-Free, and Non-Toxic.
Instructions to Open a Coconut with One Tool.
- Get a large bowl to catch the coconut juice.
- Hold the coconut horizontally.
- Use the blunt side of the chef knife and start hitting the coconut, give it a good, hard WHACK!
- Keep whacking while rotating the coconut.
You will see a crack, then continue hitting until it breaks open. Be sure to come back weekly to get our Tuesday Tip Of The Week! You can also find us on Facebook and be sure to join our SoFabFood + Community!