You must try this easy recipe for Naturally Fermented Probiotic Lemonade made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and whey. This is a delightfully refreshing and healthy drink.
Naturally Fermented Probiotic Lemonade Recipe
This is an easy Naturally Fermented Probiotic Lemonade drink that you can make with basic ingredients from your refrigerator or local grocery store. This a healthy, tasty drink your family will love. Similar to Kombucha in that it has probiotics and beneficial enzymes, but this drink can be made without the Scoby. All you need is homemade whey which is easily made with plain yogurt.
Looking for more ways to include probiotics in your day? Here are a few of our favorite recipes:
- Make these simple and healthy Probiotic Horseradish Pickles to help regulate your digestive system. The bold, fresh flavor is an added perk to the health benefits you’ll reap.
- This sweet and spicy Mango Jalapeño Peach Smoothie recipe harnesses the flavors of the Southwest. It’s perfect as an afternoon pick-me-up, or if you really need to kick start your day.
- Sauerkraut is a healthy side dish that is very easy to make and customize to your taste preference. This recipe for Probiotic Sauerkraut uses cabbage, carrots, jalapeños, and pink himalayan sea salt.
- Juice of 10 lemons
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup whey
- 3 quarts filtered water
- 1-gallon container
- Basil or mint leaves
- Add the sugar into the gallon-size container and add 1 cup hot water to dissolve the sugar.
- Add your lemon juice and fill the jar about 3/4 full with filtered water.
- Let sit until the water is cooled down, then add the whey.
- Cover with cheese cloth or a coffee filter. Let sit on the counter for 2-3 days.
- After 2-3 days, keep in the refrigerator and drink 4-6 ounces per day.
- Add the mint or basil after a day or two while it sits in fridge.
Home Chef Tip: If the lemonade is too bitter for you as the sugar ferments out, add stevia or honey for sweetness.
We hope you find this recipe for Naturally Fermented Probiotic Lemonade useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips and Drinks sections for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.