You need to learn this easy Natural Homemade Whey recipe. Incorporating whey into your diet is beneficial for many reasons including providing your body with “good” bacteria that aids in digestion.
Natural Homemade Whey Recipe and Health Benefits
Did you know that whey is the liquid remaining after yogurt has been strained? It’s the starter for lacto-fermented fruits, vegetables, and beverages. Incorporating whey into your diet is beneficial for many reasons including providing your body with “good” bacteria that aids in digestion. This Natural Homemade Whey Recipe is incredibly easy and can be made overnight. The best thing about this is that you can use whey to ferment vegetables, fruits, whole grains, or juice-based lacto-fermented sodas. This whey can even be used to speed up the fermentation process when making your favorite recipes at home.
Here are a few recipes using whey that you need to try:
- This Beet Kvass is an amazingly healthy drink. It will naturally cleanse the gallbladder, improve bile flow, remove plenty of toxins, and promote regularity. You will see and feel great results!
- You’ll love the health benefits of this Ginger Honey Switchel recipe. You truly will feel more energized as you stay hydrated throughout the day!
- Kombucha is full of electrolytes, polyphenols, and enzymes to awaken your body. This is an amazing drink that tastes great too.
- 1 32-oz container of full fat organic PLAIN yogurt
- Cheesecloth or thin paper towel
- A medium sized bowl
- Rubber bands
- Put plain yogurt in a dish towel or cheese cloth and then pull the ends of the towel up and secure with string or a rubber band.
- Hang this over the medium sized bowl, easiest way is to secure it to a cupboard handle. You can also squeeze it, but it is easier to let sit overnight.
- When you wake, the dripping should be done, the liquid in the bowl is your whey. Put this into a glass jar and store in refrigerator for up to six months.
Home Chef Tip: The yogurt that is left in the cloth after extracting the whey is cream cheese. Store that in the refrigerator and use on your favorite bagels and more.
We hope you enjoy this Natural Homemade Whey recipe and information useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article and recipe, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like this. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.