Learn how to easily make Mushroom Stock with mushroom stems and veggie scraps. This mushroom broth makes the perfect soup base, stew base, and more. Save your scraps, save money, and make homemade vegetable stock!
Do you make or buy your vegetable broth?
There are so many recipes out there that call for vegetable broth, chicken broth, beef broth, and more. Buying good quality, organic, or natural soup stock can get expensive. Save yourself a trip to the grocery store and save some money when you learn how to make this hearty Mushroom Stock at home. Using mushroom stems and herb and veggie scraps make this soup base, stew base, or simmer sauce an affordable option and the taste is so much better than anything you’ll find at the grocery store.
- Stems of mushrooms
- Scraps from mirepoix veggies, parsnip, onion, celery
- 8 quarts water
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- Place stems and other mushroom stock ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Add water.
- Place on stove and allow to steep and simmer for about an hour before straining.
Home Chef Tip: Use a variety of mushrooms for a bolder flavor. We suggest using shiitakes, creminis, oysters, buttons, white, and brown beach. If you only have one variety on hand, the recipe will still work great!
Make these recipes with your mushroom stock:
- Creamy and robust, garnished with fried rosemary and tangy Crème Fraiche, this creamy Wild Mushroom Soup is a satisfying meal that’s simple enough for a busy weeknight, but fancy enough for entertaining friends!
- This 30-minute Tex-Mex Vegetable Soup paired with a Chipotle Chicken Salad Sandwich is a cheap healthy meal you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- This Homemade Potato Soup recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your hunger and warm up on a chilly day. Loaded with potatoes, bacon, cheese, and flavored to perfection, this will soon become your favorite soup recipe!
- Dill Pickle Soup with Mushrooms is the ultimate bowl of comfort. Slightly sour and extremely flavorful, this easy soup is sure to warm you up during chilly days.
- This hearty Moroccan-Inspired Garden Lentil Stew is the perfect simple meal to serve on a weeknight. The recipe calls for a bounty of fresh vegetables and aromatic spices that are sure to please any palate!
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Homemade Mushroom Stock from I Just Make Sandwiches as much as we do. If you love this recipe and you’re looking for more like it, stop by the Dairy Good site. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias Campaign partnered with Dairy Good. #UndeniablyDairy