Breakfast meets dinner in these Loaded Breakfast Nachos perfect for special occasions or Sunday Brunch. Eggs, chicken hot dogs, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and hash browns piled high on tortilla chips!
Loaded Nachos for Sunday Brunch!
One of the foods I love most are nachos so, if brunch is going to be anywhere in the picture, why not make breakfast nachos?! These Loaded Breakfast Nachos use regular tortilla chips piled high with eggs, chicken hot dogs, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and hash browns.
Why chicken hot dogs?
As much as I appreciate a slice of bacon, I’m being more intentional about the things I eat and I’m attempting to be a little healthier. Normally, you may put bacon on these nachos, but I encourage you to try chicken hot dogs. I found an uncured version with no added nitrates and they taste great!
Is it easy to make loaded breakfast nachos?
Let me break this recipe down for you. First, you have your tortilla chips. Scramble up some eggs, crisp up some hash browns, sauté those juicy tomatoes until they are blistered in some spots. Then simply boil and cut up your chicken hot dog and top with as much cheese as you desire. The next step is a short bake in the oven to get the cheese all melty. Finally, the topping is just hand-torn cilantro with creamy pieces of avocado and a mini squirt of fresh lime juice. It’s absolutely okay for your mouth to be watering right now.
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- 4 eggs, cooked how you prefer them (I used scrambled)
- 15 oz hash browns (I purchased a 30-oz frozen bag and used about half)
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 chicken hot dog, boil and sliced
- 1/2 cup Mexican 4-cheese blend (or however much of whichever cheese you desire)
- 1 avocado, chopped (without pit or skin)
- 2 tbsp freshly torn cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread tortilla chips on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, make your eggs according to your preference.
- In a separate sauté pan, make the hash browns according to package directions.
- In yet another pan, add the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the olive oil is heated, add the tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and flip to achieve your desired level of 'blister'.
- As the eggs, hash browns, and blistered tomatoes finish, remove each from heat.
- In a pot, heat water to boil and cook the chicken hot dog for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble breakfast nachos: Top tortilla chips with eggs, hash browns, tomatoes, a sprinkling of salt and pepper (maybe even some red pepper flakes), and the chicken hot dog. Top with desired amount of cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted as you'd prefer. Remove from oven.
- Top with cilantro, avocado, and lime juice.
Home Chef Tip: For a vegetarian version of this recipe, use black beans instead of the chicken hot dog.
We hope you enjoy these Loaded Breakfast Nachos from SoFabFood Contributor, Jennifer from The Foodie Patootie, as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!