You need these 10 Money Saving Simple Cooking Tips at the tip of your fingers to save time and money when working in the kitchen. Time is money and money is time; don’t waste either one!
Maybe you are new to cooking, just moved into a smaller space, or you’re simply looking for simple tricks to help you save time and money in the kitchen. These 10 Money Saving Simple Cooking Tips will save you time in the kitchen, therefore saving you money!
10 Money Saving Simple Cooking Tips
- To prevent butter from over-browning in your pan, add a little bit of lemon juice when sautéing.
- Learn and practice the rule of thumb to check the readiness of steak.
- Store spices in a cool, dark place, not above your stove. Humidity, light, and heat will cause herbs and spices to lose their flavor.
- Freeze soft cheese before grating. For easier grating, place softer cheeses, such as fontina or mozzarella, in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes beforehand.
- When poaching an egg, add a teaspoon of white vinegar to simmering water to help keep the yolk from breaking.
- Don’t rinse pasta!
- Store fresh herbs in a glass of water in your refrigerator to make them last longer.
- Unsure of the freshness of an egg? Place it in a glass of water; fresh eggs sink, older eggs float.
- Extend the freshness of vegetables by lining the bottom of your refrigerator’s crisper drawer with paper towels. They’ll absorb the excess moisture that causes veggies to rot.
- Increase the shelf life of a halved avocado by keeping the pit intact and placing it in your refrigerator in an airtight container.
We hope you find these 10 Money Saving Simple Cooking Tips handy. If you like these quick tips, be sure to find more like them in our Kitchen Hack section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe or Kitchen Hack again. Enjoy!