A galette is the french word for a flat pie. This isn’t your standard pie, it is free form and less fussy. Berry season is in full swing so it is the perfect time to try this delicious Mixed Berry Galette recipe.
You’re going to love this Mixed Berry Galette!
This Mixed Berry Galette uses whatever fresh berries you have on hand. I used a mix of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, and blueberries. I have also made it with peaches, so it is a recipe that you can get creative with. I bet rhubarb would be excellent, too.
Don’t worry if you are not a master with pastry because it is pretty foolproof and simply good any way you slice it! You can also make this recipe using pre-made pie crust instead of homemade, so there are no excuses for not trying this recipe.
Home Chef Tip: Get creative by swapping this recipe up using whatever fruit you happen to have on hand!
- 1 pie crust (your favorite recipe or store bought)
- 3 cups assorted berries (blueberries, strawberries, cherries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Roll out pie crust and cut into 8" to 10" circles. I cut around a small plate.
- Place pie crust rounds on cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the cornstarch and sugar. Then add the berries and cinnamon and then lightly mix together.
- Place berry mix on crust round leaving 2” around the edge. Fold dough over berries overlapping, leaving the center of the pie uncovered.
- Brush with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Let cool completely and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
We hope you love this recipe for Mixed Berry Galette from SoFabFood Contributor, Bella from xoxoBella.com, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful dessert, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it, and sign up for our newsletter so that you never miss a single dessert recipe again. For more recipe inspiration, visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic dessert recipes there too. Enjoy!