Need to serve a scrumptious dessert to a crowd, and you’re worried about portion control and presentation? Mini Pecan Pies to the rescue! Topped with a homemade Pumpkin Spice Topping, this mini dessert recipe is sure to please at any gathering.
I have a major sweet tooth so I’m always pinning new recipes to try and yummy desserts to devour for my next event. My biggest problem with making big cakes and pies for large gatherings is that cutting them for crowds can often be a little tricky. If you don’t cut accordingly, you won’t have enough slices and sometimes presentation goes out the window thanks to crumbling, consistency, and any number of other factors when it comes to dessert. Does anyone else feel me on this one? I love putting together pretty desserts so this is especially heartbreaking for me. To combat this issue, I prefer to make mini pies. Today I’m sharing mini pecan pies with pumpkin spice whipped topping for you to try.
Mini Pecan Pies with Pumpkin Spice Topping
Not only are these pies incredibly simple to put together, they are loved by nearly every single person who has tried them. Whether you are hosting your event at your house or somewhere else (transport is easy as well!), they are sure to please!
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tsp Calicutt's Autumn Harvest spice
- 10 mini pie tins
- 1 large ball pie crust dough
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the whipped topping and Calitcutt's Autumn Harvest spice blend. Set aside.
- Roll out your pie crust dough and cut out 10 circles large enough to fit your mini pie tins.
- Push dough into tins to form crust.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut sugar, butter, corn syrup, eggs, pecans, and salt.
- Divide the mixture evenly between all 10 mini pie tins.
- Place pie tins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until topping starts to darken.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before garnishing with whipped topping.
Home Chef Tip: If you want to make your life a little easier, buy pre-made mini pie crusts. You can usually find them in the baking aisle!
The very best part of creating a mini version of any dessert is that the baking time is usually cut in half, but you’re still able to enjoy your favorite flavors! I love how these turned out for a small “Friendsgiving” my husband and I hosted this year. Everyone raved that the spicy whipped topping was a great balance to the ultra-sugary pecan pie. The best part? Those mini pie tins are disposable so clean up is a cinch.
Whether you are whipping these pies up for your family, for a girl’s night, or any other upcoming event, I hope you enjoy them. Don’t forget that delectable whipped topping – it is my favorite part!
We hope you love these Mini Pecan Pies from SoFabFood Home Chef, Kait from CommuniKait, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Dessert Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!