Midnight Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies – A simple yet delicious treat perfect for New Year’s Eve! Indulgent peanut butter chocolate cookies with a golden Hershey’s Kiss in the middle!
New Year’s Eve is one of my favorite holidays! My friends and I have a party every year equipped with a bunch of bottles of sparkling apple cider (my favorite drink) and fun desserts. There was even one year they decided to have a fancy fruit tasting party where they got as many of those strange fruits you always see at the store but never try and made fun dishes with them! It was such a great way to bring in the new year and spend time with friends.
Midnight Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies
I can’t wait for our party this year to show off these Midnight Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies! They are such a fun little treat and so easy to make. Who doesn’t love a chocolate peanut butter cookie with a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle? What really takes these cookies to a whole new level for the holiday is the edible gold mist sprayed onto the Kisses. I found it for just a few dollars and I can’t wait to try it out on other desserts. It was easy to use and took just minutes to get these treats coated in the paint. Originally, I tried using gold food coloring instead, but that did not work anywhere near as well so I suggest sticking to just using the mist.
In addition to these cookies, I am planning on making another batch of my Salsa Verde Chicken Eggrolls as an appetizer and some Rosé Ice Cream Floats for the New Year’s Eve party. Those both disappeared so quickly last time I made them and are such great recipes for parties!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 24 Hershey's Kisses
- Edible Gold Mist
- Remove Hershey's Kisses from their foil lining and set on a paper plate. Coat all of them in a thin mist of the edible gold mist. Let dry and repeat 1-2 more times or until they are fully covered in a gold coating.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy and well combined.
- Add in egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Continue to mix.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix using a spoon until batter is fully combined.
- Transfer to cookie sheets using a small cookie scoop or a spoon.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- As soon as the cookies are pulled out of the oven, place one gold Hershey's Kiss in the middle of each. Let cool before serving.
Home Chef Tip: Try using other flavors of Hershey's Kisses such as the dark chocolate or hugs (white and dark chocolate mixed)! It's an easy way to have a fun variety of these cookies!
We hope you love these Midnight Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies from SoFabFood Home Chef, Madi from Mildly Meandering, as much as we do. If you enjoyed these indulgent cookies, be sure to visit our Dessert section for more like them. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!