This Mexican Whole30 Shrimp Salad is a 15-minute meal that’s Keto Diet approved. Shrimp, Cojita cheese, avocado lime dressing, and layers of fresh farmers market veggies including spring mix, red onions, bell peppers, and heirloom tomatoes.
Love the flavors of Taco Tuesday, but want an option that’s low carb? This Mexican Whole30 Shrimp Salad has all the flavors of a shrimp taco without the need for a tortilla. Since this salad is loaded with veggies, it’s also very fulfilling. This is perfect if you love Mexican food, want a flavorful way to include more veggies in your day, or just love a quick meal!
What’s in Mexican Shrimp Salad?
This Keto Diet approved salad includes 3-ingredient Easy Cast Iron Whole30 Shrimp, Cojita cheese, a creamy Avocado Lime dressing that I make in a blender, and layers of fresh Farmers Market veggies including spring mix, red onions, red baby bell peppers, avocados, and heirloom tomatoes.
What about salad dressing?
I prefer to make my own salad dressings at home. Besides tasting fresh, I can easily control all of the ingredients. In this recipe, I’m using my Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing. This dressing is filled with fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and avocado. I think of it as a light and refreshing sauce that combines most of the things I’d use to top my tacos anyway!
If you’d like to substitute this salad dressing, another option is Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Variations and substitution tips:
- Make Lettuce Wraps: Another way to make this recipe is to turn your salad into lettuce wraps. You can do this by adding the shrimp to a romaine lettuce leaf and using the same toppings and ingredients.
- Sauté the bell peppers and onions: I’m using sweet baby bell peppers because I enjoy them raw. However, you could also sauté these quickly using a healthy cooking fat like olive oil in the same pan that you used to cook the shrimp.
- Substitute the main protein: If you are short on time, then you could buy pre-cooked shrimp. You might also swap the shrimp for your favorite cut of fish, chicken, or beef.
- 5 oz mixed spring mix
- 1 Easy Cast Iron Whole30 Shrimp
- 1/2 cup heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp red onions, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 avocado
- Add all of the salad base and main ingredients to a bowl or plate.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender cup or blender. Use the smoothie setting and blend until creamy.
Home Chef Tip: Use your favorites fresh veggies to make this salad uniquely your own!
We hope you enjoy this low-carb Mexican Whole30 Shrimp Salad from SoFabFood Home Chef, Davinah from Dr. Davinah’s Eats. If you love this simple low-carb recipe, be sure to visit our Keto Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!