Meal prep this Mediterranean Salmon White Bean Salad – a 30-minute meal – for a satisfying, gluten-free lunch with lean protein and fresh vegetables. This warm salad is Mediterranean Diet approved.
This gluten-free lunch is Mediterranean Diet approved!
Making healthy food choices is easy when you have recipes like this Mediterranean Salmon White Bean Salad on hand to meal prep for the week. The lemon basil marinated salmon is bursting with flavor plus hearty healthy omega-3s. Creamy white beans add fiber. Fresh vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, and a variety of tender greens contribute plenty of nutrients. The bright and balanced taste of this Mediterranean Salmon White Bean Salad is the best part though!
Do you meal prep for the week?
I like to keep things really simple in the kitchen, especially if I’m in meal prep mode. The lemon basil marinade doubles as the dressing for the White Bean Salad. Repurposing ingredients saves you time and money. Over the holidays I did a whole spread – including my Apple Cider Brined Cornish Hens – where most of the ingredients were used more than once. It’s a great trick if you are like me and cooking for a couple!
My other bit of advice is don’t overlook those random pantry items/condiments we all seem to collect. The stray olives and sun dried tomatoes leftover from a recent charcuterie board made a great addition to this Mediterranean Salmon White Bean Salad recipe. Capers would be lovely too!
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil or 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tbsp more for searing salmon
- 2 fresh salmon filets
- 1 16-oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped olives
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups lightly packed spring greens
- 2 cups lightly packed arugula
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place salmon in a large resealable plastic bag along with 1/4 cup marinade, let rest 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove fish from bag. Pat off excess dressing with paper towel.
- Place salmon skin side down in skillet, sear 3-4 minutes. Flip fish, reduce heat to medium, and cook until desired doneness, another 2-4 minutes. Drizzle with excess marinade during last minute of cooking if desired. Set aside to cool.
- In a large sized bowl toss together remaining ingredients. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salad topped with salmon and feta cheese.
Hope Chef Tip: Serve cold salads on chilled plates for maximum freshness.
We hope you enjoy this healthy Mediterranean Salmon White Bean Salad recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Loriann from Thyme for Cocktails. If you love this flavorful Mediterranean diet inspired salad, be sure to visit our Salad Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!