Enjoy a boost of caffeine and give your body a winter detox with this Matcha Turmeric Latte. A dairy-free, refined sugar-free, coffeehouse drink that’s simple to make, provides your body with antioxidants, and soothes inflammation.
Enjoy a simple winter detox at home!
Winter is the time of the year that sugar, candies, and greasy food find their way into our diets a lot more than we want them to. Detoxing your body becomes very important. Without going on a diet, you can detox your body just by including this easy winter detox drink into your everyday morning routine. Making this Matcha Turmeric Latte is super easy. As an added bonus, this coffeehouse drink is dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
Skip the coffeehouse for a healthier latte at home!
Who doesn’t like creamy and warm lattes in the winter? What we get in the cafes are always loaded with heavy cream, sugar, and a number of fancy ingredients that our body doesn’t like. That’s why I have created this latte, which not only contains the magic-superfood matcha, but also a good amount of cleansing turmeric that helps in reducing inflammation. In addition, these ingredients provide a number of bonus health benefits.
The Health Benefits of Matcha:
- Matcha is a powerful, antioxidant-rich plant compound which has a distinctive green color.
- Matcha is rich in antioxidants and EGCg. In addition, Matcha is also a good source of plant pigment, chlorophyll, and vitamins.
- A single cup of matcha has an equal amount of antioxidants found in 30 cups of green tea.
- Matcha helps in improving brain health and aids in mood boost as well.
The Health Benefits of Turmeric:
Turmeric, a commonly used spice in Southeast Asia, is rich in a plant compounds and pigment curcumin. Due to the presence of various bio-active compounds, turmeric has a number of medicinal benefits such as:
- Anti-inflammatory effects,
- Has positive effects on degenerative diseases, and
- Aids digestion.
Now that we know how healthy and nutritious this drink is, let’s learn how to make it.
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 pinch black pepper (helps to absorb turmeric)
- 1 pinch cardamom powder (adds a sweet flavor)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 serving sugar-free sweetener
- 1 espresso shot
- Add hot water to a small bowl and mix matcha in the liquid with the help of a matcha whisk or a regular whisk.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until it begins to foam. Add half of the coconut cream and mix.
- Now add turmeric, cardamom, sweetener, and black pepper to the mixture and mix well until the ingredients incorporate really well.
- In a mug, add the espresso, milk mixture, and matcha mixture. Whisk really well.
- Top with remaining coconut cream.
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Want this recipe without boiling the milk? Just heat the milk in the microwave and blend everything in your smoothie blender until creamy and frothy. For a skinny latte, skip the coconut cream.
We hope you enjoy this simple Matcha Turmeric Latte from SoFabFood Home Chef, Chitra from My Dainty Soul Curry, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Drinks Section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!