The Lemonade Diet, also known as the Master Cleanse, is a liquid-only diet designed for quick weight loss. Consisting of only water, maple syrup, lemon, and cayenne pepper, this detox drink cleans years of toxins from your digestive tract.
Looking for a quick weight loss solution?
Try the Lemonade Diet, aka the Master Cleanse. The claim is simple: Give this detox drink 10 days and you’ll drop unwanted pounds, detox your digestive system, and feel energetic, happy, and healthy. You’ll even curb cravings for unhealthy foods.
What are the benefits of the Master Cleanse diet?
A mixture of lemon juice, water, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup, this drink is meant to jump-start your metabolism and give you enough calories and carbohydrates to get you through the day. Cayenne pepper is a metabolic booster, while maple syrup is an unprocessed, natural sugar which provides your body with energy. Because lemons contain antioxidants, they help to flush toxins out of your system.
What will the Lemonade Diet do for my body?
- Cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.
- Dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body.
- Cleanse the kidneys and digestive system.
Follow this diet plan for 10 days, drinking 6-12 cups per day, for maximum benefits. No other food is allowed during the cleansing period. The ingredients in the lemonade are enough to get you through the day. Just drink regular, filtered water in between to help fill you up if you need it.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (approx ½ lemon)
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Water, medium hot (spring or purified)
- Measure 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice into your large cup.
- Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the cup.
- Add 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the cup (or more to taste).
- Mix and drink immediately.
- Drink 6-12 glasses a day. Plus plain water all day long.
Home Chef Tip: If you prefer the taste of limes over lemons, you can substitute lime juice for the lemon juice with the same results.
We hope you find this information about the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.