Whether for a class party, for friends, or just enjoying with a big glass of milk…everyone loves a cookie! Holidays provide an opportunity to have a little fun with your cookies, like these Marble Swirl Cookies for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Simple Marble Swirl Cookies for Halloween!
These Marble Swirl Cookies are a lot easier to make than they look, and because they are marbled, they don’t have to be as perfect as true swirled cookies. Therefore, there is no wrong way to create the marbled look. The sprinkles on the outside are optional, but they make the cookies a little extra special.
Make sure you leave enough time to make these cookies since they need to be refrigerated a few times during preparation.
- 1 Cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- Food coloring
- Cream the butter in a large bowl. Add the sugar and mix completely.
- Add the egg, baking powder, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, a bit at a time, mixing between each addition. If dough is sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Separate the dough into three portions (or even more if you want more colors). Color each section of dough your desired colors, but leave one section plain.
- Refrigerate the dough for about an hour.
- Roll out the uncolored section of dough. Then take a bit of each colored dough and roll into a strip and then layer them on top of the uncolored dough.
- Trim edges to form a rectangle.
- Roll into a log and then roll the log into sprinkles to coat the outside of the log completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Unwrap dough, cut into slices and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 8 minutes.
Home Chef Tip: Although these cookies are perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving, you can follow this exact recipe using red and green for Christmas, pink and red for Valentine's Day, etc.
Separate the dough into sections and color with food coloring.
Roll out as explained in the recipe. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Just mix up the colors!
Roll into a log, roll in sprinkles, refrigerate and then slice and bake. It is that easy!
We hope you love these Marble Swirl Cookies for Halloween or Thanksgiving from SoFabFood Contributor, Bella from xoxo Bella, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!