Adorned with edible glitter and luster dust, this Magical Mermaid Chocolate Bark will be a hit at any party. Adored by the kids and the kids at heart, everyone needs more color in their life!
My name is Dannyelle and I blog at Life is a Party where I share ideas on how to celebrate every day with recipes, decor, and entertaining ideas. We’re loving the breathtaking food trend that’s embracing all things mermaid, unicorn, and rainbow. My kids can’t get enough of turning every day food into something amazing! Today I’m sharing our simple recipe for Magical Mermaid Chocolate Bark. With just five simple ingredients, this simple recipe is sure to impress!
This Mermaid Chocolate Bark recipe is very easy to make. The kids in your life, as well as the kids at heart, are guaranteed to love it!
Magical Mermaid Chocolate Bark Recipe
We made mermaid bark with pretty blues and a little pink chocolate to get the perfect mermaid-inspired look.
- Different colored chocolate discs - we used light blue, dark blue, white, and pink
- Colored sprinkles
- Edible glitter
- Luster dust
- Divide your chocolate by color into small microwave safe bowls. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted, taking care not let the chocolate burn.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and spread the melted chocolate in thin stripes over the parchment.
- To create the mermaid tail look in the chocolate, use a skewer and drag it through the melted chocolate in the opposite direction of the stripes. Alternating the direction you drag through each time.
- Add sprinkles, nonpareils, edible glitter, and luster dust to the top of the melted chocolate.
- Allow the bark to set. Break into pieces before serving.
Home Chef Tip: Use different colors of chocolate to co-ordinate with your party. We used blues and a little pink, but purple and green would be great mermaid-y additions too!
We used a marbling technique to create this fun pattern in the melted chocolate. I just love how it looks like pretty mermaid tails!
We had a lot of fun adding different sprinkles, nonpareils, and edible glitter to our Mermaid Chocolate Bark. I love how the nonpareils are kind of like little pearls; so mermaid-y! We used pearly white, soft pink, and sparkly gold colored nonpareils, along with some simple white and blue sprinkles. My favorite touch though has to be the edible glitter and luster dust. It really adds a magical touch. It makes me want to add glitter to all my food!
We made this magical chocolate bark recipe for a recent birthday party. Our theme was mermaids and this bark was the perfect addition to the dessert table. We gave our guests some cello bags and invited them to help themselves at the end of the party for a little take-home treat. The Magical Mermaid Chocolate Bark was one of the first things to go! Every little girl loved it.
This Magical Mermaid Chocolate Bark would make the perfect little gift for someone special. Package it up in a clear cello bag and tie with a pretty ribbon for a sweet, thoughtful gift anyone would love to receive.
We hope you enjoy this Magical Mermaid Chocolate Bark recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Dannyelle from Life is a Party, as much as we do. If you love this stunning recipe, be sure to stop by our Dessert section for all of your party needs. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!