Cut the calories, but keep the tangy and delicious flavor when you make this simple Lightened Up Key Lime Pie recipe. Leave the guilt behind and enjoy a second slice of your new favorite pie!
We love ordering a decadent and tangy piece of Key Lime Pie after a nice dinner out, but when we’re trying to cut calories and watch our waistline, we turn to this recipe for Lightened Up Key Lime Pie that we can make easily at home with just a few ingredients. Simple to make, this lighter version of one of our favorite desserts cuts the calories without sacrificing that sweet and tangy flavor we love so much!
- 1-14 oz can fat-free, sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest (roughly 2 grated lime rinds)
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 1-6 oz pre-made, reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
- 4 oz light whipped topping, thawed
- Key lime wedges for garnishing, optional
- Preheat over to 350ºF.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pre-made pie crust.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden and somewhat set.
- Let pie cool completely, top with whipped topping, and garnish with lime wedges.
We hope you love this Lightened Up Key Lime Pie recipe as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!