This simple Lemon Ginger Detox Tea has medicinal properties that detoxify your body, helping you feel better when you’re bloated or have an upset stomach. Brewed in just 5 minutes, this tea contains ingredients that help fight infection, lower blood sugar, and flush out toxins.
Heading into the new year, you might be rethinking your eating habits in 2018. I know I am! If only we could reverse it all, but instead, we can focus on bettering our diets in 2019. It can all start with the introduction of a detox tea into our routines. This simple Lemon Ginger Detox Tea has medicinal properties that detoxify your body, helping you feel better when your’e bloated or have an upset stomach. Brewed in just 5 minutes, this tea contains ingredients that help fight infections, lower blood sugar, and flush out toxins. Let’s break it down.
Benefits of Lemon Ginger Detox Tea:
- Ginger helps reduce nausea, including morning sickness.
- Lemon cleanses your liver, flushing out certain toxins.
- Both lemon and ginger are proven to improve digestive health.
- Ginger is believed to reduce inflammation for some people, and lemon may also help reduce joint and muscle pain.
- Lemon juice contains Vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and more, making it an agent for preventing the common cold.
All of these benefits add up to a great daily remedy for making you feel better! You can see in my tip below that this recipe is also great with the addition of a little cayenne pepper!
Why not add honey for added health benefits?
I add honey to my lemon ginger detox tea, but it’s a personal preference. Overall, I prefer sweeteners in any tea or coffee, but honey has its own benefits, so I don’t feel that it hurts the detoxifying properties of the tea. Honey is an antioxidant, which helps lower blood pressure, and it improves cholesterol. Plus, as far as sugars go, it is a better type of sugar! Personally, I like the addition of honey for balancing out the spice from the ginger. This tea is so easy to make, you’ll want to drink it almost every day!
Note: Adjust steeping time and amount of each ingredient according to personal preference. You can also brew ingredients directly in a mug instead of straining.
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh ginger, grated
- Purified water
- Honey or other sweetener, optional
- Combine about 2 cups of water, freshly grated ginger, and 2 slices of lemon in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Simmer over medium heat for at least 5 minutes until fragrant. Steep for as long as desired (if you like stronger flavors).
- Strain the tea into a mug and add honey or other sweeteners if desired.
- Drink hot, cool, or iced.
Home Chef Tip: Try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper! It's known to reduce inflammation and boost your immune system. Plus, it adds another kick of flavor to your detox tea.
We hope you enjoy this Lemon Ginger Detox Tea from SoFabFood Home Chef, Holly from Club Crafted, as much as we do. If you love this healthy drink, try our other detox drink recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!