Go ahead and slice those fresh apples and never worry about browning fruit again. Learn how to quickly and easily keep sliced apples fresh longer with this simple Tuesday Tip!
Do you like sending sliced apples to school in your kids’ lunch boxes or prepping a fruit salad in advance for a party? If so and you’re tired of brown apple slices, you’re going to love this Tuesday Tip. Here you will find how to easily and affordably keep sliced apples fresh longer.
Keep Sliced Apples Fresh Longer
- Slice your apples.
- Open a can of Sprite® and pour into a large bowl.
- Place sliced apples into bowl.
- Let soak 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the apples and place into Ziploc® bags, squeezing as much of the air out as you can.
The apples will last a few days in the refrigerator with no browning. Great for grab and go snacks, in lunch boxes, and smoothies.
More Tuesday Tips
- You need to learn this Tuesday Tip to lengthen the life of your fresh herbs. Learn how to Store Fresh Herbs in your refrigerator and never let your hard work in the garden go to waste again.
- You must read these life-altering grocery store shopping tips! Try these tips right now to actually save you money.
- You will love these 5 Genius Ice Cube Tray Kitchen Hacks. Use your ice cube trays to create fun additions to your drinks and more. These hacks will have you wondering why you never tried them before.
- Tired of flying insects ruining your outdoor dining? Protect those refreshing drinks this summer when you use this economical and simple Cupcake Liner Drink Covers Hack. Not only practical, this tip is a fun way to brighten up the table!
We hope you find these simple kitchen hacks helpful during your busy summer. If you liked this simple tip, come back next Tuesday because we’ll be sharing another Kitchen Hack with you then! In the meantime, if you’re looking for daily recipe inspiration, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!