Get bikini ready for summer while still enjoying a flavorful meal with this recipe for High-Protein Summer Tuna Salad. If clean eating is your goal, this salad is what you need!
High-Protein Summer Tuna Salad for Clean Eating
It is officially summertime and we are loving all the fresh produce at the farmers markets! This colorful High-Protein Summer Tuna Salad is full of flavor with just the right amount of crunch from the grilled Mexican corn. This lunch is perfect to bring to work, for potlucks, and picnics.
This High-Protein Summer Tuna Salad is clean eating at its finest! Use this recipe as a base and customize it with your favorite, seasonal vegetables.
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 ears grilled corn, cut off the cob
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup frozen organic peas, defrosted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped organic celery
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of two lemons
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of cilantro, chopped
- Add your brown rice into a bowl.
- Add the tuna, flake it apart as you put in the bowl.
- Add the rest of the vegetables.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and oil. Mix well to combine.
Home Chef Tip: You can use any bean that you prefer for additional flavors! We added lime juice to the grilled corn.
We hope you love this High Protein Summer Tuna Salad as much as we do. If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, be sure to visit our Salad section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!