You will love these five surprising health benefits of drinking coffee. You must learn about these amazing health-related benefits your morning cup of java provides your body.
Love your morning cup of coffee? Did you know there are many health-related benefits to you enjoying one cup every morning? Here are five health benefits of drinking coffee that might surprise you!
5 Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
- Lowered Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – A recent review of research conducted by Harvard’s Dr. Frank Hu showed that the risk of type II diabetes decreases by 9% for each daily cup of coffee consumed. Decaf coffee decreased risk by 6% per cup.
- Cardiovascular Protection – Drinking one or two cups of coffee per day could significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. According to a Japanese study of more than 76,000 participants, men consuming one to two cups of coffee daily reduced their risk of dying from a cardiovascular disease by as much as 38%.
- Weight Loss – Coffee contains magnesium and potassium which help the human body use insulin, regulate blood sugar levels, and reduce your craving for sugary treats and snacks.
- Provides Antioxidants – Coffee contains a lot of antioxidants that work as little warriors fighting and protecting against free radicals within your body.
- Immune-Boosting Properties – According to recent research, coffee, white teas, and green teas can help boost the immune system.
We hope you find this information about the health benefits of drinking coffee useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.