This Ham, Cheddar, and Apple Grilled Wrap is a simple, fast, and healthy lunch. It’s perfect for a busy afternoon and uses just four ingredients that are actually probably already in your refrigerator!
Hey there! It’s Kate from KateMovingForward.com and I am thrilled to be sharing one of my favorite quick and healthy lunch recipes with you today! As a busy mom, I am always looking for creative ways to mix up my lunch that are nutritious and don’t take a lot of time. This Ham, Cheese, and Apple Grilled Wrap fits the bill perfectly! Plus it’s portable and non-messy, just in case my “lunch break” takes an unexpected turn and I end up wrangling a “wild lion”, aka my 2 year old, instead of actually sitting down to eat.
Ham, Cheddar, and Apple Grilled Wrap Recipe
Did I mention you can make it in under 10 minutes with just four ingredients? This is a no-stress lunch, people.
All you need is some deli ham (I chose a nitrate-free variety), a Granny Smith apple, some cheddar cheese (shredded is best for melting purposes), and a whole wheat wrap or tortilla. It is such a great feeling knowing that what I am eating is helping to fuel my body so I can be my best self for those I love!
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 whole wheat wrap or tortilla
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces deli ham
- Cooking spray
- Core and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple until you have 6-8 thin slices. (You can save the rest to go with your lunch!)
- Lightly grease non-stick pan or griddle with cooking spray. Place whole wheat wrap or tortilla on it.
- In the center of your wrap layer ham and apples. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Allow to cook for one minute unfolded.
- Fold edges of tortilla/wrap into the center, fully covering the ingredients. Press down firmly with spatula on the wrap while it cooks 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Carefully flip wrap and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Slice and serve.
Home Chef Tip: When making for children, lay the tortilla or wrap flat, spread all the ingredients over it, and then place another tortilla or wrap on top making a “quesadilla”. Slice it into 3-4 pieces for easy pickup by little hands.
A cold wrap is certainly serviceable, but taking the few extra minutes to grill this wrap really takes it to the next level! I adore the mixture of textures from the gooey cheese to the crunch of a Granny Smith apple that are in it too. Thanks to its delicious flavor, healthy ingredients, and quick prep and cook time, I think this Ham, Cheddar, and Apple Grilled Wrap is shaping up to be my favorite lunch!
We hope you love this Ham, Cheddar, and Apple Grilled Wrap recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Kate from Kate Moving Forward, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple and flavorful meal idea, be sure to check out our other Lunch Recipes to help you fuel your busy day. Subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!