Enjoy spooky snacking with this Halloween Spiderweb Avocado Hummus Dip at your Halloween party! This healthy Halloween recipe is made like traditional hummus, but with avocado, a plain Greek yogurt spiderweb, black olive spiders, and pico de gallo!
Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday! Spooky season is just a great time of year to dress up, have some creepy fun, and if no one shows up to trick-or-treat (which usually happens around here), you get to eat the leftover candy!
It’s also my favorite time of year to get creative with projects and recipes. You can either go cutesy with Halloween or entirely creepy and gross. Either way, it’s so much fun to play around with your food! So today, we’re going a little creepy, but totally healthy with an avocado hummus dip that’s going to be a hit at your Halloween party!
A guilt-free Halloween party dip!
Hummus is one of my favorite healthy dips. It’s so easy to make and starts with simple ingredients like chickpeas, lemon, tahini, garlic, and a little olive oil. From there, you can enjoy it as is or play around with different flavor variations.
I’m on a hummus kick right now, so I decided to make a creepy, green avocado version for Halloween. It doesn’t stop there! I dressed it up like a spiderweb with plain Greek yogurt. Then, I placed black olive spiders on top. Finally, I served it with a mix of corn and blue tortilla chips. It’s an easy and delicious Halloween snack or party dip!
This hummus recipe also has a great blend of spices to make it a flavorful, savory Halloween treat. Cumin, paprika, and a little cayenne give it a kick. If the cayenne has a little too much bite for you, omit it. Especially if you’re serving this to little ghouls and goblins!
I added pico de gallo around the edge of the hummus just to give it a little more color and flavor. I would suggest making the spiderweb with squeezable tahini or cut the tip off of a plastic bag to squeeze out plain Greek yogurt, like I did.
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium Hass avocados or 1 large Florida avocado, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or more
- Tahini or 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- Black olives, for "spiders"
- Pico de gallo
- Serving suggestions: blue and corn tortilla chips, baby carrots, and other sliced veggies
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the chickpeas, avocado, tahini, garlic, lime juice, and oil together just until smooth.
- Add in the cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper and pulse again until everything has been incorporated.
- Spoon hummus into a shallow bowl.
- Then, pipe tahini or plain Greek yogurt onto the top of the hummus in a spiderweb design. Start from the middle and work your way out.
- Cut black olive "spiders" by cutting an olive in half. Use one half as the body and cut the other half into legs. Place the spiders on top of the web.
- For an added boost of flavor, spoon pico de gallo around the edge of the hummus.
- Serve with blue and corn tortilla chips, or a medley of cut vegetables.
Home Chef Tip: To make a quick pico de gallo, chop a large tomato and add it to a bowl with a little chopped onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Squeeze in a little lime juice, season with salt, and stir!
If you’re looking for a sweeter dip to serve for Halloween, you might like my Pumpkin Pie Dessert Hummus. It tastes just like pumpkin pie! Be sure to check out the rest of my Halloween recipe ideas for your upcoming Halloween celebrations!
We hope you enjoy this Halloween Spiderweb Avocado Hummus Dip from SoFabFood Home Chef, Jessica from Living La Vida Holoka, as much as we do. If you love this festive dip, stop by our Halloween Section for more ideas for this year’s spooktacular. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!