Green, ghoulish Halloween Coconut Lime Macaroon Eyeballs are perfect for all of your October parties this year! Everyone will love these one-bowl, simple treats.
Halloween Coconut Lime Macaroon Eyeballs
I love Halloween! The town I grew up in took Halloween very seriously and house decorating was an art form. Graveyards, zombies, rolling fog – you name it, we had it. Trick or treating was so much fun with all the crazy, scary houses! As an adult, I can’t go trick or treating anymore, but I can still make treats for an awesome costume party!
Every year my friend throws a huge Halloween party and serves tons of cute gory, scary themed food. This year I decided to make dessert (who doesn’t love dessert?). I found googly eye candies in the baking section of my grocery store and was inspired to make some eerie eyeballs. These monster eye coconut macaroons are not only creepy, but super easy to make. They only take 20 minutes from start to finish and it’s a one bowl recipe!
The macaroons are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. I added in some lime zest to cut the sweetness from the coconut. The lime zest really adds a lot of flavor to the cookie as well. You could also dip the bottoms of each macaroon into chocolate if you would like to add more flavor. In addition, you can split the dough in half and color each one with different colors for a more festive look!
Whip up these ghoulish coconut macaroons for your Halloween party and you’ll be shocked at how quickly they disappear!
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- googly eye candies
- 1 oz milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix sweetened coconut, egg whites, lime zest, salt, and green food coloring until well mixed. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to create mounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake macaroons for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 15 second increments. Pour melted milk chocolate into a sandwich bag. Snip a small a corner off of the bag with a scissor to create a tiny piping bag. Pipe small circles on top of each macaroon and top with a google eye candy.
- Set aside for 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens. Serve on a platter at room temperature!
Home Chef Tip #1: Replace the lime zest with vanilla extract, almond extract, or any other flavoring.
Home Chef Tip #2: Use red candy chocolate to give the monster eyes an even scarier look!
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for Halloween Coconut Lime Macaroon Eyeballs from SoFabFood Contributor, Hetal from Milk & Cardamom, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this Halloween treat, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!