Get creative in the kitchen then get ready to dazzle your guests this fall when you serve super festive Halloween Cheese Ball Creepy Crawlers. Everyone will love these easy party appetizers!
These Halloween Cheese Ball Creepy Crawlers are quick, easy, and fun to boot! Easy party appetizers are the perfect savory addition to all the candy and sweets that are sure to be abundant during the season. They’re also great because it gives the adults a little something to look forward to after all that hard work of getting little ones costumed and out the door!
Halloween Cheese Ball Creepy Crawlers
Each year our subdivision does a Halloween hayride for all of the kids. While they are riding around the neighborhood, it gives the adults the perfect excuse to indulge in a bit of Halloween celebrating as well. Cocktails and grown up snacks circulate while we await the trailer filled with screaming ghosts and goblins.
These pint-sized party appetizers are both attention grabbing and deliciously fun. You can hardly go wrong with stuffing and seasoning cream cheese with crispy bacon and chives, then coating in chopped pecans. If someone in attendance has a nut allergy, just coat your snacks with additional chopped bacon or some sesame seeds. Adorning the cheeseballs with chopped pretzel “legs” and black olive “eyes” sets the mood for a super fun night of treats….not tricks.
When you’re ready to serve, place the Halloween Cheese Ball Creepy Crawlers on a cake stand or serving platter and watch how people say “oh, you shouldn’t have!”. Then giggle inside as you recall just how easy they were to create. Serve the cheeseballs with your favorite choice of crackers. Seriously easy!
Do you have any fun Halloween traditions in your neighborhood? I still hold the crown as the reigning Halloween Snack Stand queen from a couple of years ago. Be sure to join me on my blog, Southern From Scratch, for delicious meals all year round. Happy snacking, y’all!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Miniature pretzels, for the spider legs
- Sliced black olives, for the spider eyes
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Stir in bacon, green onions, Worcestershire sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape cream cheese mixture into small balls and place on baking sheet. Use a mini ice cream scoop to keep size consistent.
- Coat cheese balls with chopped pecans. If cream cheese is too sticky, place in refrigerator to firm up then remove and finish coating with pecans.
- Place coated cheese balls back in refrigerator.
- Assemble the creepy crawlers by cutting off the rounded parts of the miniature pretzels. Place in the sides of the balls for legs. Add two slices olives for eyes.
- Serve chilled with crackers.
Home Chef Tip: Substitute chopped bacon or sesame seeds for people with nut allergies.
We hope you love these festive Halloween Cheese Ball Creepy Crawlers from SoFabFood Home Chef, Aimee from Southern from Scratch, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this easy party appetizer, be sure to check out our other Appetizer recipes to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!