You’re 5 ingredients and 15 minutes away from your new favorite dessert recipe. This Grilled S’mores Pizza is a fun twist on a classic dessert that’s perfect for outdoor entertaining or an after-dinner dessert.
Summer always gets me in the mood for camping. It’s not because I like sleeping in a tent on the hard ground though…I just like the food. Give me a campfire roasted hot dog or s’mores any day, and I’m a happy camper! In order to bring my love of s’mores home, I made a grilled s’mores pizza with all the traditional flavors of s’mores baked on top of pre-made pizza dough for a dessert pizza that’s the perfect after- dinner treat for outdoor entertaining this summer.
An after-dinner dessert pizza in 15 minutes!
Even though homemade pizza dough is great, I don’t have the time or patience to make it myself, so I almost always buy pre-made pizza dough. One package is split in half to make two pizzas that are the perfect size for grilling.
I have to admit, I don’t have a lot of experience with barbecuing, but this recipe was a fun experiment. It turns out grilling is much less intimidating than I thought it would be! Grilling with chocolate and marshmallows is a bit messy though, so be sure to bring wet paper towels to clean up when melted marshmallows sticks to everything. Don’t worry; it’s worth it!
Outdoor Pizza Grilling Tips
My best tip for you when grilling any pizza (but especially this one) is to have all of the ingredients ready to go because you’ll have to work quickly. I put everything in bowls on a cutting board so they’d be easy to access. First you need to “set” the crust with a quick flip on the grill. Then you’ll need to give the chocolate chips time to melt before topping with marshmallows. While all this is happening, you don’t want the bottom to burn, so you do have to work quickly when adding the toppings. Feel free to add more or less of the ingredients according to your preferences.
You’ll also see that I cut the pizza in half. That’s because a whole one is difficult to maneuver on the grill. You can make two s’mores pizzas or save the second half for something else.
In the end, I love that the grilled s’mores pizza had that smoky campfire taste!
- Pre-made pizza crust
- Baking spray
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Handful of mini marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers, crushed
- Preheat your grill for about 10 minutes until heated to about 400ºF. Then turn burners to low.
- Unroll the pre-made pizza crust and cut into two. Reshape as needed.
- Spray one side of the dough with baking spray and carefully place greased side down on the preheated grill.
- Grill for about 30 seconds just to set the crust, spray the top with cooking spray, and flip.
- Immediately add chocolate chips, spreading evenly over the crust, and close the top.
- After about 60 seconds, open the grill and use a rubber spatula to spread the melted chocolate all over the crust.
- Immediately top with mini marshmallows and close the grill. Cook for addition 2-3 minutes until marshmallows appear puffy.
- Sprinkle the top of the pizza with crushed graham cracker. Check that the bottom of the pizza is properly cooked and remove to a cutting board.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm.
Home Chef Tip: Since a grill won't "toast" the marshmallows, use a kitchen torch or your oven's broiler to toast the marshmallows once finished on the grill!
We hope you enjoy this Grilled S’mores Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Holly from Club Crafted, as much as we do. If you love this easy after-dinner dessert, you can find more like it by visiting our Dessert Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!