This recipe for Grilled Pork Chops with Warm Summer Salsa needs to be in your grilling arsenal this year! Grilled salsa is served warm over juicy, melt in your mouth, Mexican-seasoned grilled pork chops that’s nothing short of heavenly!
Grilled Pork Chops and Warm Summer Salsa
Grilled pork chops are on the top of my “favorite grilled foods” list. Alright I will have to admit, that list is actually pretty long. Grilling is my preferred method of cooking and I try really hard each year to extend the season as far into winter as I can. For years I have treated my grill the same way as I do my stove, anything can be cooked on it. Pizza, corn on the cob, lobster boils, a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, even desserts!
My warm summer salsa recipe uses most of the traditional salsa ingredients; the only difference? I grill them of course! OK, and the other difference is that this salsa is served warm over juicy, melt in your mouth, Mexican seasoned grilled pork chops.
Enough about my grilling obsession, let’s get to cookin’ (or grillin’ if you will) :
The key to making these pork chops rock is the grill temperature. It needs to be super hot before adding the chops and only flip them once! Each time you flip meat on the grill, you lose juices.
- Preheat the grill, turn all the burners to medium high, close the cover.
- If you have a temperature gauge watch for it to reach 600ºF; if not, let it heat for 10 minutes.
For the pork chops, lay them out on a pan and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Liberally season using the rub recipe listed below in the recipe card.
Prepare the salsa veggies by peeling the onion, coring and de-seeding the peppers, and peeling and slicing the mango in half. The tomato should be sliced in thick slices to hold up better during cooking.
Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
NOTE: I place the softer vegetables on aluminum foil on the grill.
Grill everything at the same time. The veggies will come off about 5 minutes prior to the chops. Detailed cooking instructions are outlined in the recipe card below.
Remove the veggies, bring them inside, dice, and place in a bowl. Add fresh cilantro, parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix.
When the chops are done, serve the salsa piled high right over them!
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 red pepper, sliced thick
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cut in half
- 1 mango, cut in half
- 1 tomato, sliced thick
- 1 sprig each fresh Cilantro and Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Seasoning Rub:
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- OR, use 1 packet of Fajita seasoning
- Preheat grill on medium high for at least 10 minutes.
- Drizzle chops with olive oil and rub both sides with seasoning mixture.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place everything on the grill at the same time.
- Let the chops gain a nice sear before flipping (about 3-5 minutes).
- Flip the veggies and close the cover. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the veggies and turn the heat to low.
- Let the chops finish cooking until juices run clear, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Bring everything inside, let the chops rest. Dice the veggies.
- Mix the veggies into a bowl with chopped fresh cilantro, parsley and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Serve over chops.
We hope you love these Grilled Pork Chops with Warm Summer Salsa from SoFabFood Contributor, Melissa from How to This And That, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!