There’s just something about grilled vegetables that makes them so much more appealing and these Grilled Brussels and Veggie Skewers are no exception. Summer entertaining just got tastier when you add these smokey side dishes to your grilled chicken or steak.
Smokey side dishes pair perfectly with grilled chicken!
It’s time to celebrate summer and farmers market season by spending more time outdoors entertaining family and friends. Where friends gather, there always needs to be good food and that’s where these Grilled Brussels and Grilled Veggie Skewers come in to play. Nothing pairs better with that grilled chicken or steak than a hefty helping of smokey brussels, tomatoes, eggplant, plus some grilled mangoes, plantains, and apricots to add some smokey sweetness to the mix.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp ground basil
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Mix oil, salt, and basil in a deep bowl until combined.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Heat the grill to high heat and place the Brussels sprouts on a grilling sheet for 15 minutes.
- Toss every 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables, olive oil, mustard, and red pepper flakes, and season with salt.
- Thread the veggies through the skewers using one for eggplant and one for tomatoes.
- Place the skewers on high heat.
- Cook turning every 5 minutes.
- Cook the eggplant for 20 minutes and the tomatoes for 10.
Home Chef Tip: You can find the recipes for the grilled plantains and grilled mangoes and apricots on Ale & Tere to round out your meal!
Helpful tips for successful summer entertaining:
- If you’re hosting a large crowd, serve a variety of gilled vegetables and proteins so that you’re certain everyone finds something they’ll love.
- Keep pesky bugs out of sweet drinks and cocktails by using cupcake liner drink covers. Not only are they functional, but they add a festive look to the party table.
- In case someone forgets to reapply their sunblock, be ready to help relieve their sunburn pain with natural remedies from the kitchen.
- Use paper plates, plastic utensils, and keep plenty of paper towels and wet wipes on hand to make clean up a breeze. Of course, don’t forget to place trash cans out in handy places for your guests.
- Keep wasps and yellow jackets away with a DIY Bee Trap to keep your guests safe.
We hope you enjoy these grilled vegetable recipes from Ale & Tere, as much as we do. If you love these recipes and you’re looking for more outdoor grilling ideas, you can find more by visiting the Make Your Summer site. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This post was part of a Collective Bias Campaign partnered with New Kleenex® Wet Wipes Gentle Clean and VIVA® Big Roll Paper Towels. #MakeYourSummer