Grilled Blueberry Pear Crisp is a quick and easy dessert that just begs for a scoop of ice cream. It’s perfect for summer get-togethers!
I just love summer. It’s a time when we see more of our friends, the farmer’s markets are in full swing, and we can enjoy the great outdoors! Another activity that we enjoy is grilling. If we cook it on or in our oven usually, we can cook it on the grill during this time of year. A perfect example of this is my Grilled Blueberry Pear Crisp recipe.
Our neighboring friends love to gather in the backyard, and we will often make plans to do a potluck. This group includes children from age five on up to grandparents. Everyone brings something to the mix, and I am often relegated to dessert.
Easy and delicious is the best, and putting it on the grill guarantees we aren’t going to miss time with our friends or heat up the house by turning on the oven. When I came up with the idea of making a crisp, I ran to the grocery store and just couldn’t leave without some beautiful blueberries and Anjou pears. I knew grilling the blueberries would break them down into a beautiful sauce and that the pears would stand up for great texture. The topping would just bring everything together and provide the perfect landing for a scoop of ice cream.
To bake in your grill, put a baking stone on the grill rack for indirect heat. Indirect heat means you have the temperature but the flame isn’t right under your food. It will act like an oven. I rely on the temperature gauge on my grill to tell me when it’s ready to go. I also love using cast iron on our grill, but you can use any container that can withstand the heat.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (dark or light)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of kosher salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (dark or light)
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine filling ingredients, stir to combine, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Cut in the butter with either a pastry blender or two forks until butter is in pea-sized pieces.
- Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray baking dishes. Add filling to the baking dishes and cover with topping.
- Place on a baking stone in a grill heated to 350ºF. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is browned. Remove to a cooling rack. Cool until set.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
Wouldn’t the beautiful colors in this crisp be perfect for the Fourth of July? What is your favorite way to use your grill?
We hope you love this Grilled Blueberry Pear Crisp from SoFabFood Contributor, Julie from Hostess at Heart, as much as we do. If you like this recipe, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous dessert inspiration. Enjoy!