With just 6 ingredients and 30 minutes, you can satisfy your sweet tooth with these naturally sweetened muffins. Gluten-Free Banana Date Muffins are refined sugar free and vegan.
Simple, naturally sweetened muffins!
This is the simplest muffin recipe that I’ve ever baked. It doesn’t need mixing or beating the batter. Who doesn’t like to bake mess free banana muffins for breakfast? It takes only 30 minutes from preparing the batter to baking to make these delicious Gluten-Free Banana Date Muffins. These muffins taste moist and dense, great for breakfast on the go, picnics, and travel. They keep well in the refrigerator for three days so you can bake them in the evening, or whenever you have time, and slightly heat in the microwave and enjoy when you’re ready to eat.
How to freeze and thaw the muffins:
These gluten-free banana muffins stay well in the freezer for up to a couple of months. Here are a few tips for freezing and thawing these muffins:
- Let the muffins cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer the muffins to freezer bags and freeze.
- Once ready to eat, thaw the frozen muffins in the microwave or conventional oven, or overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- For a microwave, pull the muffins out of the freezer bag, place on a microwave-safe plate, and defrost or heat for 30 seconds to a minute or until warmed through depending on your microwave frequency. Avoid overheating the muffins because the muffins get harder and burned.
- For a conventional oven, this method is time-consuming, but a great option for thawing larger batches of muffins. Pull the muffins out of the freezer bag and arrange on a baking tray. Heat the muffins in a pre-heated 300ºF oven for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through. Avoid overheating the muffins because they will dry out and get burned.
Vegan Banana Date Muffins
These 6 ingredients banana muffins are delicious vegan muffins. You could add chopped nuts in this recipe for some added nutrition and crunch. These muffins are a wholesome and filling breakfast with a cup of orange juice or coffee.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 10 Medjool Dates
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Vegan Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Blend all the ingredients together except chocolate chips in a blender or food processor.
- Grease a muffin pan with oil and pour batter into muffin tin. Top with chocolate chips if you are using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely and serve or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Home Chef Tip: You could use other varieties of dates too. If it is not soft enough to blend smooth, soak dates in the warm water for 10-15 minutes before blending. Frozen bananas also work best for this recipe.
Love these Banana Date Muffins? Pin for later!
We hope you enjoy these Gluten-Free Banana Date Muffins from SoFabFood Home Chef, Antonet from Anto’s Kitchen, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!