These Garlic Air Fryer Chicken Wings cook up incredibly crispy and juicy without deep frying! Serve as a weeknight meal or party appetizer with homemade garlic ranch dipping sauce. Ready in about 15 minutes!
My newest obsession has recently been anything and everything I can put into an air fryer. Since football season is right around the corner, we have been drooling over air fryer chicken wings almost every single weekend. Want to know the best thing about this recipe? No guilt required!
Thanks to using an air fryer, these Garlic Friend Chicken Wings are done in no time! Not to mention, much healthier than deep fried chicken wings. Still juicy, still crispy, still finger lickin’ good!
Things to keep in mind when making air fryer chicken wings:
- Cooking times will vary. Depending on the size of chicken or quality of air fryer, cooking times may need to be adjusted.
- Don’t forget to dry the chicken. The seasoning will stick so much better, I promise!
- Less is more. When placing wings in the fryer, be sure to leave space between wings. If they’re too crowded, the air-fryer cannot circulate air properly; therefore you will not achieve the “crunch” you’re looking for.
In my opinion, when it comes to garlic, you can never have too much! That’s why these bad boys are covered TWICE in garlic. First in the oil to coat, then in the rub to enhance the flavor. Feel free to add as much or as little garlic as you please!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the oil and minced garlic together. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken wings dry, then add to the oil mixture. Toss well.
- Season wings with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place wings in the air fryer, leaving space in-between each piece.
- Cook at 400° for approximately 15 minutes*.
- Rule of thumb: Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Garnish and serve immediately!
Home Chef Tip: Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your wings and the quality/size of your air fryer. Always check for an internal temperature of 165ºF before serving.
Don’t forget the garlic ranch dipping sauce!
My favorite way to eat chicken wings is right off the air fryer, dipped in my homemade ranch dressing which is also packed with garlic. Can you start to see a trend here? No matter how you like to enjoy your “fried” chicken wings, I hope you like this recipe!
Love these air fryer chicken wings? Pin for later!
We hope you enjoy these Garlic Air Fryer Chicken Wings from SoFabFood Home Chef, Lesley from The Lucky Pear, as much as we do. If you love this healthier classic, visit our appetizer section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!