Just like chocolate bark only healthier, this Fruit-Nut Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark is the perfect kid-friendly snack. A 4-ingredient dessert recipe with no refined sugar that’s the perfect after-school snack or light summer dessert idea.
Do your kids love yogurt? How about frozen yogurt? Then they’ll love this Fruit-Nut Frozen Yogurt Bark. It’s so easy to make, your kids will love helping you make it, too!
Frozen yogurt bark makes a great treat for snack time or even breakfast! Your family will feel like they’re eating dessert for breakfast. This recipe is great to keep in the freezer for hot summer days whenever you feel like you want a sweet treat. We used greek yogurt in this recipe with just a touch of maple syrup to sweeten it up. The tang of the greek yogurt pairs so well with the fresh fruit. However, you can use other kinds of yogurt, too. If you’re using a plain yogurt, remember to add sweetener to taste.
Slivered almonds give this kid-friendly snack a nice crunch. Add other nuts, such as pecans or cashews, for added texture. Berries and kiwi give this treat a bright, vibrant flavor and tons of color. Kids and parents alike will love this healthy treat.
Tips for Making Fruit-Nut Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark
- This yogurt bark is so customizable – use whatever you and your kids like! Change up the types of fruit and nuts used in the recipe.
- Other types of yogurt work in this easy dessert recipe. If you’re using a sweetened variety, don’t add the tablespoon of maple syrup as directed in the recipe – your yogurt bark will be sweet enough already.
- Make sure you don’t spread the yogurt too thin, you want it to be thick enough to hold up the toppings. Also, if it’s too thin, it will thaw too fast which makes it hard to enjoy.
- Make this summer dessert recipe dairy-free by using your favorite non-dairy yogurt!
Other Fun Topping Ideas for this Kid-Friendly Snack
- Chocolate Chips
- Shredded Coconut
- Dried Fruits
This fruit and nut frozen yogurt bark is so easy to make, you’ll keep it in your freezer all summer long. Perfect for a healthy snack, dessert, or even breakfast. The whole family won’t be able to stop eating this treat! It’s naturally gluten-free and can be made dairy-free with the use of non-dairy yogurt.
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt, plain
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh fruit (such as blueberries, strawberries, kiwi)
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, add greek yogurt and pure maple syrup to taste. Start with one tablespoon of maple syrup and add more based on your preferences. Mix together greek yogurt and maple syrup until combined.
- Pour the greek yogurt mixture on the parchment paper and spread in a large rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Top with fresh fruit, such as blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, blackberries, and raspberries. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Freeze 3-4 hours, until set. Cut into chunks with a knife. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
Home Chef Tip: You can use other liquid sweeteners in this recipe, such as honey or agave, in place of pure maple syrup. If you're using a sweetened yogurt, you may not need sweetener at all!
We hope you love this Fruit-Nut Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Megan from A Dash of Megnut, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this summer dessert recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Dessert Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!