Serve up healthier appetizers at your next football party and make this simple Spicy Hummus Dip recipe the center of your game day table. Easy to make, delicious, and it pairs perfectly with chips or vegetables.
Football Game appetizers don’t need to be bad for your waistline, they just have to taste good! This low-calorie Spicy Hummus Dip pairs perfectly with fat-free corn chips or a platter of fresh colorful vegetables. The garbanzo beans will give your guests a punch of protein and the olive oil will add the good fats that are needed throughout the day. They’ll stay satisfied while they’re at your party and you can feel better knowing that you’re serving up a healthier snack alternative.
This recipe is super easy, plus it is so nutritious you will find yourself preparing it over and over again for your family. Prepare and refrigerate it a day ahead; let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving at your gathering.
- 1-14 oz can garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- Add garbanzo beans, jalapeño, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and red peppers in your food processor.
- Add some of the olive oil into the mixture to get a good consistency.
- Start the food processor. Stop occasionally and use a wooden spoon to continue to push the mixture back down into the bowl. Process until desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until the party begins.
We hope you enjoy this simple and flavorful Spicy Hummus Dip recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!