Flush the fat away with this Chicken Detox Soup recipe. This low sodium, high protein soup is packed with superfoods high in antioxidants and fiber that aid with flushing toxins from your body.
Adding protein into your soup like chicken, lentils, and great northern beans is a great way to make your soup into a healthy full-scale meal. We like experimenting with different types of greens to help with flushing our system making this simple soup into a detox meal. Certain foods can support, or even speed the weight-loss process, by providing antioxidants, fiber, and other needed nutrients.
Here are a few of the benefits of this Low Sodium, High Protein Chicken Detox Soup:
Cabbage – Cabbage is full of insoluble fiber which helps you feel fuller longer. Its diuretic properties help rid your body of excess liquid, carrying toxins out of your body.
Kale – This super green contains fiber to jumpstart your digestive system into gear and keeps you regular.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 packet Steam Fresh Protein Blends Italian Style
- 1 cup kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-15 oz cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- ½ of a regular size cabbage chopped
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil, then let it sit at a low boil for 3-5 hours.
- Eat a bowl a few times a day for three days to get the full detox benefit.
We hope you love this Low Sodium, High Protein Chicken Detox Soup as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple healthy soup recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!