Made with 5 simple ingredients, these Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Beet Cookies are perfectly fudgy and decadent!
From cashew butter and white chocolate chip cookies to peanut butter and milk chocolate chip cookies, there are all sorts of recipes for flourless nut butter and chocolate chip cookies circulating around. Usually, they involve only four ingredients: a nut butter, chocolate chips, sugar, and an egg. Sometimes, oats are added in, sometimes vanilla or almond extract is, and sometimes, seeds of some sort are added in.
Nut butter and chocolate chip cookies are the most popular cookies in our house. When my daughter and I are craving something sweet, I usually throw together some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. Just a couple of these always seem to satisfy our sweet tooth and fill us up. However, recently, I figured I’d give our nut butter cookies a bit of a healthier makeover.
From Triple Chocolate Beet Cookies to Chocolate Beet Biscotti, I’ve been making quite a few holiday treats with beets in them. You’re probably wondering why I would mess up a good thing with beets. Well, I strongly believe in opting for healthier eats and treats – especially around this time of the year. Beets, being high in fiber, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, vitamins A, B, and C, beta-carotene, beta-cyanine, and folic acid, are an easy way for me to give my baked goodies a much needed nutritional boost! Some studies have shown that beets can help with anything from osteoporosis to Alzheimer’s to physical performance, so I figured why the heck not!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Beet Cookies
The addition of beets to the flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies made these cookies so incredibly (dare I say it) moist! These were so fudgy and rich. I only used peanut butter, dark brown sugar (to give these a molasses sweetness), beets, an egg, and milk chocolate chips. I left out the vanilla essence and oats I sometimes add in and the resulting cookie – to me – was simply decadent! Seeing as there were beets in them, I had one for breakfast today!
Here’s hoping I manage to convince you to beetify at least one of your holiday treats this year! We really love these Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Beet Cookies and I’m pretty sure you’re going to love them too.
These Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Beet Cookies are rich and fudgy - almost like a baked fudgy brownie cookie!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup grated beets
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, add in the peanut butter, dark brown sugar, and egg and mix until the three ingredients form a dough that pulls away from the edges of the bowl - add in the beets and chocolate chips and mix well.
- The dough will be very wet, but you can still use your hands to form it. It should not, at this point, stick to your hands at all.
- Using your hands -or spoons- roll the dough into balls, flatten balls a bit, and place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes (when you take them out of the oven, there will be a lot of "oil/moisture" escaping from the cookies - if you let them cool completely, this won't be an issue).
- Enjoy with milk or coffee - as a snack, dessert, or even breakfast.
Home Chef Tip: Add some oats into this recipe for a cookie with a little more texture and crunch.
We hope you love this delicious recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Beet Cookies from SoFabFood Contributor, Shashi from Runnin Sri Lankan, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to visit our Cookie Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!