You haven’t lived until you’ve tried this Flourless Chocolate Cookie Pizza recipe. A chocolate peanut butter cookie is smeared with dark chocolate and topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and sea salt for a delicious take on a gluten-free cookie pizza.
Hey SoFabFood readers! I’m Megan – girl with a lot of food intolerances, lover of all things dessert, and the blogger behind A Dash of Megnut, a food blog that focuses on gluten-free and other allergy-friendly recipes. Today I’m so happy to share with you one of my favorite dessert pizza recipes, Flourless Chocolate Cookie Pizza!
If you know me, you know I’m all about the cookies. Cookie sandwiches, cookie dough, and definitely cookie pizza. If you haven’t had a cookie pizza before, it’s basically a large cookie baked on a pizza pan, skillet, or in this case, a cake pan. Once it has cooled, its covered in some delicious kind of sauce and sprinkled with your toppings of choice.
Flourless Chocolate Cookie Pizza Recipe
Today, we have a flourless chocolate peanut butter cookie smeared with lots of dark chocolate and topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and sea salt for a delicious take on a gluten-free cookie pizza. This recipe is great for those of you who are gluten-free or when you simply don’t seem to have any flour in the house. The base of this cookie is peanut butter, though you can use other nut butters as well, or sunflower seed butter, if you have a nut allergy.
I was amazed at how quickly this recipe came together. Just a few ingredients to mix together for the dough, pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and out comes a delicious smelling cookie pizza. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool before spooning on the chocolate and fruit toppings! Nevertheless, I had a beautiful and delicious gluten-free dessert on my table in under an hour with minimal hands-on time. You’ll be wanting to make this cookie pizza for every party you go to this year, trust me!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8-inch cake pan (you can also use a pizza pan) with cooking spray (make sure it doesn't have flour in it if you are making this gluten-free). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter and sugars until combined. Add egg and vanilla and stir to combine. Then stir in the salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Press the cookie dough into the cake pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are set. Be sure not to over bake. Let cool completely.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between. With a spatula, spread the chocolate over the cooled cookie crust. Top with sliced strawberries, blueberries, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until chocolate is set. Slice into wedges and serve.
Home Chef Tip: If dairy isn't a concern, this Chocolate Cookie Pizza is delightful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
We hope you love this Flourless Chocolate Cookie Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Megan from A Dash of Megnut, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!