Lemon Water has amazing health benefits, including the ability to detox your body. Here are 5 healthy reasons you need to be drinking lemon water every single morning.
We all know that staying hydrated is important, and water is the best way to do that, but did you know that just by adding fresh lemon juice to your daily water, you’re doing your body a huge favor? We love the fresh and tart flavor that a lemon gives our water and we love to reap the health benefits of this refreshing drink every single morning. Instead of picking up that coffee, try starting your day off right with a glass of lemon water instead. Here are 5 healthy reasons you should be drinking lemon water every day.
- Eliminate Waste – Most people start their day drinking coffee, but starting your day with a warm glass of lemon and water can actually help your body eliminate waste. Lemon water gives your digestive tract a jump-start first thing in the morning.
- Ease Digestion – Drinking lemon water throughout the day helps ease the digestive process and eliminate bloating.
- Prevent Kidney Stones – Studies have shown that drinking just half a glass of lemon juice a day actually increases citrate levels in our urine promoting kidney health.
- Reduce Pain and Inflammation – Lemon juice has the power to dissolve a substance in our bodies called uric acid. Buildup of uric acid is one of the primary causes of inflammation in our bodies. That’s why drinking a glass of lemon water after a workout is a really good idea.
- Promote Weight Loss – Lemon juice is said to support your weight loss efforts. Lemons are made up with pectin which acts as a soluble fiber in our bodies. Pectin promotes digestion, and can actually help us lose weight.
Now that you know some of the healthy benefits of drinking lemon water daily, are you ready to get started on a healthier track? If you don’t think just lemon and water sounds appealing to you, try kicking it up a notch with this recipe for Lemon Cayenne Ginger Water.
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1" Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Cups Purified Water
- Mix lemon juice, grated fresh ginger, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and water in a large pitcher.
- Drink up to 8 glasses per day.
We hope you find this list of 5 Healthy Reasons to Drink Lemon Water Every Morning helpful. For more posts to help you with your active and healthy lifestyle, visit our Food and Fitness Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.