The hardest part about making these Easter Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting is grating the carrots. After that, it’s a simple matter of mixing, baking, and frosting to deliver cupcakes that are Easter worthy!
Today I’m sharing my favorite, hasn’t-failed-me-yet, Easter Carrot Cupcakes recipe with cream cheese frosting. Oh yes, my two favorite things combined into one delicious dessert, with pecans and actual grated carrots. The result is a super moist, sweet treat that’s perfect for Easter!
Easter Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
The recipe here is super simple. The hardest part is grating the carrots because it’s a teensy bit time consuming, but it’s totally worth it to make these cupcakes as moist and delicious as they are.
After that, it’s a simple matter of mixing and baking. Since we’re making cupcakes, the bake time is a little shorter here than an actual cake. I use a typical aluminum pan and usually pull mine out at the 25-minute mark, but do a toothpick test on yours to know for sure. When it comes out clean, they’re ready!
For the frosting, remember to pull your cream cheese out while everything else is baking so it can soften on the kitchen counter. Then mix with confectioners’ (powdered) sugar and vanilla extract (I prefer to use pure), and pipe it onto your cupcakes! Finish off the Easter look with little flowers, candies, or a sprinkling of pecans.
Happy Easter, everyone!
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cupcake tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in carrots and pecans. Fill the cupcake tin 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting, in a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost the cupcakes, then decorate as desire with flowers or chopped pecans. (Optional: whisk a drop of red and yellow food coloring to the frosting to turn it orange).
Home Chef Tip: If you're piping your frosting, chill the cupcakes and the frosting in the fridge first. This will make it easier to work with!
We hope you love these Easter Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from SoFabFood Contributor, Sarah from Drool Worthy Daily, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to stop by our desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic dessert recipes there too. Enjoy!