Outside of the Recipe Box: DIY Orange Sea Salt Scrub
If you’re always in the kitchen cooking, cleaning, and washing the germs away from your hands, we feel your pain. Dry, cracked hands aren’t fun and sometimes, all of the lotion in the world just doesn’t seem to heal them. Using a sea salt scrub can definitely help, but they can be pricey to purchase. Don’t buy your next sea salt scrub when you can easily make it yourself using items from your kitchen. This DIY Orange Sea Salt Scrub is one of our favorites and it keeps our hands soft and affordably crack free despite the elements.
- Sealable glass or plastic container (we use Mason Jars)
- 2 cups Epson salt
- 2 cups course sea salt
- 3 tbsp orange extract
- ½ cup olive or coconut oil
- 5 drops red food coloring to give it the orange glow *optional*
- Mix the Epson salt and sea salt in a bowl, making sure to eliminate any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, mix the orange extract, coconut (or olive) oil, and food coloring together.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the salt mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Place the mixed salts into Mason Jars (or container of choice).
- Use sea salt scrub every time you wash your hands for softer, crack-free skin.
This scrub is amazing, smells fantastic, and it’s a great way to make your guest feel special too. Who knew feeling this pampered could be so simple? The scent and color combinations are endless and the results this sea salt scrub has on your hands is amazing. We hope you try this simple DIY hand scrub for yourself and we hope you stop back by often because we’ll be branching out more soon to share more Out of the Recipe Box ideas with you to help you with simple ways to enhance your busy lifestyle!