Fig bars are taken to the next level with the addition of cranberries. You will absolutely love the flavor combination in these beautiful Cranberry Fig Bars. You will find that these aren’t too sweet with the addition of the tart cranberries. Cut into bars, they become a perfect snack to grab or dip in your tea.
Delightfully Simple Cranberry Fig Bars
These Cranberry Fig Bars are easy to make, even though they may look a little complicated. Don’t worry about them looking too perfect.
Before serving the Cranberry Fig Bars, you can dust them with icing sugar for an extra special touch. They are perfect served with coffee or tea.
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 Tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cup dried figs
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Cup Cranberries, frozen
- Zest from a small orange
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon and baking soda. Add this dry mixture to the butter mixture and mix to combine.
- Make the dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Put the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.
- Process in a food processor until it becomes a paste. Put the filling in a piping bag.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a 10" x14" rectangle. Trim edges using a knife. Cut the dough lengthwise into three 3.5"x14" strips.
- Apply the filling down the middle of each strip of dough. Fold each edge of dough on top of the filling, making a log, sealing the edges. Place seam side down on the baking sheet and cut each log into 2" bars.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Home Chef Tip: Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving for a special treat.
We hope you love these delightfully simple Cranberry Fig Bars from SoFabFood Contributor, Bella from xoxo Bella, as much as we do. If you love this amazing recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!