This Coconut Mojito MALIBU® Rum Cocktail is the ultimate happy hour drink for entertaining guests. A tropical twist on a classic cocktail, this recipe uses fresh lime juice, granulated sugar, fresh mint leaves, crushed ice, Malibu, coconut cream, and club soda.
A classic cocktail with a tropical twist for happy hour!
Transport yourself to a tropical island vacation when you make this simple classic cocktail with a twist. This Coconut Mojito MALIBU® Rum Cocktail is so easy to whip up in five minutes making it the perfect drink for entertaining at home. Frosty and creamy, this tropical cocktail has a calming laid-back beach vibe. Made with tropical MALIBU® Caribbean Rum, fresh lime juice, granulated sugar, fresh mint leaves, crushed ice, coconut cream, and club soda, this drink is sure to become a new fan favorite!
- 1 1/4 oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp mint leaves, lightly packed
- 1 cup crushed ice (or 1 1/4 cups ice cubes)
- 3 oz Malibu Rum
- 4.5 oz coconut cream
- 1/3 cup club soda
- Rimming: simple syrup and sweetened shredded coconut
- Garnishes: shredded coconut, slice of lime, sprig of fresh mint
- Rim a cocktail glass by dipping the rim into a small saucer filled with simple syrup. Dip the wet rim into another saucer filled with shredded coconut. Put the glass aside.
- Add granulated sugar, lime juice, and mint leaves to a different glass. Lightly muddle the mint a few times just until you can smell the mint.
- Add crushed ice into a drink shaker. Add the muddled mixture on top. Add the Malibu and coconut cream. Put the lid on and shake.
- Immediately pour the coconut mojito into a rimmed cocktail glass.
- Add the club soda on top of the drink and briefly swizzle with a bar spoon.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and sprig of mint. Sprinkle the top of the drink with shredded coconut.
Home Chef Tip: Do not over-muddle the mint, or press down hard when muddling, or your mojito will have a bitter taste!
Looking for more happy hour cocktails? Try these!
- Whether served in traditional copper mugs or in clear cocktail glasses, this Blackberry Irish Mule is a real winner. Garnish your Irish mule with a slice of lime, blackberries, and a lush, green sprig of fresh mint.
- Gather your White Rum, Triple Sec, Midori Melon Liqueur, some ice, and a lime to make this refreshing unique twist on the classic Pearl Diver Cocktail.
- You need to make this Lemon Drop Mint Margarita for a refreshing tequila-based cocktail that guests will want to sip on all evening long. The fresh citrus and mint set this drink above the rest!
- This Tropical Americano Cocktail recipe is just as pretty as it is delicious. It’s perfect for a quiet after-dinner drink or for celebrating a special occasion.
- Transport yourself to the beach you make this Ocean Breeze Vodka Cocktail recipe. Vodka, fresh lemon juice, and Blue Curacao are mixed together in a high ball glass. Serve over ice and garnish with blueberries.
We hope you enjoy this Coconut Mojito MALIBU® Rum Cocktail recipe from Confetti & Bliss as much as we do. If you love this recipe and you’re looking for more like it, stop by the MALIBU® Rum site. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias Campaign partnered with Honest® Tea. #SwissMissFrozen