Get in on the latest food trend when you make these Cloud Eggs for breakfast. This low-carb breakfast packs a protein punch that will get your day started off right!
Cloud Eggs: A Low-Carb Breakfast Alternative
Have you tried the latest breakfast food trend, Cloud Eggs? This fun and fulfilling breakfast is a great way to get a hearty morning meal without the bread, making it a low-carb breakfast. The “bread” portion is made by separating your egg whites from the yolks then whipping them until you create peaks before baking. The trick is to whip the egg whites long enough so that you can make an indention to slip the yolk right in the center. This breakfast is light, airy, and full of protein.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped turkey breast
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- Separate egg yolks and whites, putting the whites in one large bowl and the yolks in 4 separate bowls.
- Whip the whites until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold in ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon 4 mounds of whipped egg whites.
- Make a deep well in the center of each with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 450ºF for 3 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add one yolk to each well and season with pepper.
- Return to oven and bake until yolks set, about 2-3 minutes for a soft egg yolk.
Home Chef Tip: Spray parchment paper or pan to easily lift eggs off of pan.
More breakfast ideas you’ll love:
- This one-skillet breakfast delivers Spicy Poached Eggs in a fiery, garlic tomato sauce, served over crusty bread with a side of cooling avocado slices. If you like to start your day with a kick, this is the recipe for you!
- If you love breakfast for dinner, you’re going to love this unique recipe for Poached Eggs in Pasta Sauce. It takes less than 30 minutes to make this delicious and satisfying low sodium dish.
- These Breakfast Omelette Egg Cups are a wonderful breakfast or brunch option that can be customized in any number of ways and are ready in less than 20 minutes!
We hope you love this low-carb Cloud Eggs recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Breakfast section for more great meal ideas to start your day off right. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram. Enjoy!