The Social Fabric® Member responsible for creating this original recipe was compensated by Collective Bias® and its advertiser. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
Classic Italian Layered Salad from Life Could Be a Dream
Springtime always inspires us to turn to fresher foods for meals since so many fresh vegetables are in season during the spring. We love antipasto, but we wanted to find a lighter version to satisfy this craving. This recipe for Classic Layered Salad from Life Could Be a Dream is exactly what we were looking for! This salad uses some beautiful, fresh vegetables, tangy olives, Hormel Pepperoni, and toasted day-old bread for a bit of crunch. This healthy twist on a traditional Italian favorite is a family meal everyone will love.
- 12 slices day old crusty bread–ciabatta is a good choice!
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed to a paste
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 anchovy filets, coarsely chopped *optional*
- 1 Tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 6 ripe large tomatoes, roughly cubed
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Hormel Pepperoni Minis, divided
- 1 large handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Gather your ingredients.
- Visit the original recipe on Life Could Be a Dream for preparation and cooking instructions.
- Enjoy your healthy meal!
We hope you enjoy the flavors of spring with this recipe for Classic Italian Layered Salad as much as we do. Be sure to find more recipes like this in our Salad section. If you enjoyed this delicious dish, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. And for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!