Learn how to make these bright and cheerful Chocolate Crispy Treat Valentine’s Day Bears for the little loves in your life this year. Skip the store-bought gifts and make them something they’ll really adore instead!
Teddy Bears are a great gift for that special someone on Valentine’s Day. The only problem is, what do you do with them after the holiday? If you’re like me, your house is already full up on stuffed animals. Why not give a Chocolate Crispy Treat Teddy Bear a try this Valentine’s Day instead? I can almost guarantee you won’t have any left after Valentine’s Day.
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups chocolate crispy cereal
- Candy writer or candy melts in black and pink, or red. A candy writer is essentially candy melts in a tube.
- 12 white chocolate chips
- 12 candy hearts, chocolate, jelly, gummy, pretzels, etc
- 3" bear cookie cutter
- Optional: 24 small candy eyes
- Heat margarine over low heat in a five quart or larger saucepan. When the margarine has completely melted, add the marshmallows. Heat the marshmallows until completely melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the chocolate crispy cereal until the cereal is completely covered in marshmallows. Turn the mixture out onto a greased ½ baking sheet. Press into a flat layer with a greased spoon or hands.
- Allow the rice crispy treats to cool 15 minutes.
- Cut out 12 bear shapes with the bear cookie cutter. Place a candy heart in the center of the bear. Cut the bears arms off with a knife. Sculpt them with your hands so they are longer and can reach from the candy heart to the side of the bear. The treats are sticky enough that they should stick back together on their own. Use some melted chocolate to act as glue for additional security if needed.
- Gently press a white chocolate chip onto the bear's face. Use a candy writer to add a nose on top of the chocolate chip. See the close-up photos for examples.
- Add two black dots for eyes with the candy writer. Alternatively, if you have small candy eyes, attach them with a small amount of melted candy coating.
- You can stop there or add some ear and feet details too. Use red or pink candy melts or a candy writer and add a small dot of candy to each ear. Draw a slightly larger circle on each foot for the paws. Allow the candy melts to set, approximately 10 minutes.
- These treats are best served within 24 hours. Store the treats in an airtight container until ready to serve.
These bears are so much fun because you can give each bear its own personality. Here is a close-up of a few of the bears so you can see some of the details.
Which bear is your favorite? Personally I like the ones with little pink noses. The bears with the chocolate covered heart pretzels are my favorite to eat. You can’t beat that combination of sweet and salty. Delicious! It doesn’t matter how you make it look, you are going to have one happy Valentine if you make them some of these chocolate crispy teddy bear treats!
We hope you love these Chocolate Crispy Treat Valentine’s Day Bears from SoFabFood Contributor, Ashley Whipple from Cute as a Fox as much as we do. If you liked these treats, make sure you check out her cookbook, Super Cute Chocolate Crispy Treats because it’s filled with nearly 100 no-bake dessert ideas just like this one! And for more recipe inspiration, visit us on Pinterest because we have a lot of fantastic recipes there too. Enjoy!